Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Girl and a Couch



2012



  I recently came across a picture of myself on my couch that reminded me of how personal interior decorating can be and how much of ourselves and our past we put into our style.

1970



Here is that couch today, in my living room. I don't know how old it is exactly because my parents got it from a cousin. It has been reupholstered more times than I can count and it is H.E.A.V.Y!! The three seat cushions have springs in them as well as the base of the couch. One doesn't merely sit on the couch as much as they sink into the couch.
I've been thinking about reupholstering it.
It's always fun to change it up with new throw pillows.
But I know the one thing that won't change...
This couch and I, we're in this together for the long haul.