Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quickie Umbrella Facelift

After years in the Arizona sun my red umbrella had faded to a funky pink. The umbrella itself was still in good shape it just needed a little help. I decided to try spray painting it. I think it worked out great and looks almost new. The paint did change the stiffness of the fabric. It isn't as pliable as it was, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It almost made the fabric seem stronger. I am so happy with the results of this experiment I may add a stencil to really jazz it up!

 I love these...









Okay, now here is the not-so-glamorous version...


Before










One can was enough for exactly one coat







The original color under the finial and wind vent




This nozzle is great. Not one drop of paint on my gloves.




After









how to fix a faded umbrella, painted umbrella




painted umbrella, spray painted umbrella

Back to the original color!


A can of this paint runs around 4 bucks. A bit more paint and a template and you could have a Hedge Row Studio look-alike (they run $1,379.00!!!) don't you think?